APPRENTICESHIP AT POLYTRON
Training as a Cutting Machine Operator
Are you skilled in your trade, interested in technology and the use of computers? Then training as a cutting machine operator (or cutting mechanic) is just the right thing for you!
When cutting machine operators go to work, something is always turning - either the workpiece to be machined (for example a piece of metal or plastic) or the tool itself, for example a milling cutter or turning tool or both. The tools are used to machine workpieces,i.e. excess material is mechanically removed from the blanks in the form of chips. The most important machining processes are turning, drilling, milling and grinding. By the way, this is where the job title "cutting machine operator" comes from. Mainly by turning and milling, cutting machine operators produce precisely fitting workpieces, i.e. components for machines, devices and systems.
If you would like to find out more about training as a cutting machine operator, you can find further information here: IHK Köln, Bundesagentur für Arbeit, ausbildung.de or on the pages of the InIduIstrie-Akzeptanzoffensive in der Wirtschaftsregion Köln. The probably can provide all information in English as well.
- At the beginning of your training you will learn basic knowledge and skills in dealing with metal and plastic in our workshop, which has been specially set up for our trainees
- You learn how to use conventional and CNC machine tools
- Your tasks will not only include setting up machine tools, but you will also learn how to manufacture precisely fitting components by turning, milling and drilling.
- You will acquire the specialist knowledge in the corresponding specialist areas of our production
- The training lasts a total of 3 1/2 years and can be shortened if performance is good
- You will attend the technical vocational school "Berufskolleg Bergisch Gladbach", Bensberger Straße
- successful secondary school leaving certificate
- craftsmanship, interest in technology
- solid basic knowledge and mathematics and physics
- good knowledge of German
- willingness to learn, open-mindedness, commitment and team spirit
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your application!
POLYTRON Kunststofftechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Mrs Christiane Busen
An der Zinkhütte 17
51469 Bergisch Gladbach
or via E-Mail to bewerbung[at]polytron-gmbh.de